Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week of January 17th 2011: Warriors Game


Even though I grew up deep in Laker territory, I had never managed to make it to a Lake show or any other pro basketball game for that matter. So when a deal for some cheap Warriors tickets cam up, I knew I had to get them.

Try, Shannon and myself got some tickets for a game against the Indiana Pacers. We started the night off with some beer and garlic fries and the headed up to our seats. To say we had the cheap seats was putting it lightly - we had to watch most of the game on the screens since we were so far from the court.

However, the other people in our section were very funny. We were sitting in front of a row of foreign students studying Law at Cal and they definitely made the game entertaining. I knew it would be a fun night when one of them asked which one the quarterback was.

The game itself was really great too. I'm not usually the biggest basketball fan since the scores usually comes down to the last few seconds but in this case it was really exciting to watch the Warriors take home the win in the last moments of the game.

I know I should have more to write about the game but that's the problem with a two month lag... hopefully I can log a couple more posts during my vacation! Unfortunately, I think my brain is taking a few days off as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment