Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week of December 20th 2010: (LA Edition) Pizza Antica


Since I was home for Christmas, I decided to do another LA post. My mom really wanted to spend the day after Christmas at the remodeled Santa Monica mall. The mall used to be pretty standard and was connected to the famous 3rd Street Promenade. They recently rebuilt the mall portion to make it more of a mall/outdoor plaza hybrid and it looks really cool.

On our way out there, we got a call from my brother asking what we were doing for the day. He decided that he and his daughter would join us for the day which made me so happy because I love spending time with my 3 year old niece.

After walking around for a bit and buying a few items on sale, we decided we were really hungry. My mom wanted to treat us all to lunch so we decided to check out Pizza Antica. The concept is pretty simple – clean, thin crust pizzas with simple, fresh ingredients. 

The first pizza we got was just a simple mozzarella, basil, tomato pizza and we had some fresh garlic added. I love simple pizzas so this was perfect for me and had exactly what I wanted on it. We also ordered one with shaved broccoli, pancetta, and carmelized onions. It was also good but they overdid it on the broccoli a little bit which overwhelmed it.

I realized when I got back to SF that I had some pizza crust in my fridge so I bought some tomatoes, basil, garlic, and mozzarella and tried to make my own version. I took a picture of it to share with you guys. I think it turned out pretty well and I can’t wait to tweak it to perfection in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment