Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week of January 17th 2011: CSSC - Sage Cafe

Sorry for the dely in posts! I know you must think I got lazy on my vacation but that wasn't quite it. I actually did keep up with a few posts while overseas but mostly I was writing about the thoughts and inspirations I had at the moment. Because many of my posts are delayed a month or two, it can be hard for me to recall some of the thoughts I had at the moment. I figured it would be better to capture some of those as I had them than to keep up with a post that I already had detailed notes on.

But moving rapidly forward - this post is the second installation of my cafe study ratings. The next cafe I went to was one that in my neighborhood of SoMa. I had been wanting to go to Sage for a while because it is so close but they hold some odd hours (closing around 5 and not open Sundays) which didn't fit well with my full time schedule.

Anyway, here it is:

Taste - 2. It wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special either. I needed to put my usual ton of sugar in and Blue Bottle just didn't need that.

Buzz - 3. I stayed alert the rest of the day but it wasn't the same motivating rush that Blue Bottle's caffeine gave me. I did come from Bikram yoga though and that stuff just drains my energy.

Presentation - 1. My coffee came in a paper cup and my pastry was wrapped in plastic. At least the 7x7 guy got a happy face... maybe I should have said I was going to write about it on my blog?

Ambiance - 3. There was comfortable seating, space to sit and other people studying. The staff seemed friendly and recognized regulars but it still didn't feel as warm as I would ideally like to see.

Food - 3. I bought a delicious,  but dry fruit tart. There was a full food menu that seemed pretty popular and several people were having lunch around me.

Selection - 5. There was a full selection of sandwiches, salads, breakfast, pastries, and drinks so there was plenty of choice.

Study - 3. It was a better space but there were a lot of distractions. The space had a bit of an echo so a simple conversation resounded in my ears a bit.

Novelty - 2. Pretty simple coffee shop, but it was well executed.

Overall - 3. There was nothing special in most categories and it wasn't too easy to focus. The bathroom has an awesome sink though... it also looks like bands may play there at times but I am not sure where they would find the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment