Thursday, March 31, 2011

Week of January 24th 2011: Movie Set Casting Call

So this adventure has been my little secret. I honestly still am not sure why I did it. My good friends know that I am terrified of video cameras. I am a ham for photos and I obviously love hearing myself speak but I hate being video taped. It's a long story and I'm sure enough googling will give you the answer but yea, I hate being video taped.

Yet - when I saw a posting for an open casting call to be in an upcoming Matt Damon movie, I was intrigued. I figured I would at least go wait in line and see what happened. You never know if you're a wait in line from being a movie star or a waiter in any restaurant in Los Angeles.

The casting call was at Fort Mason and a short drive and a creative interpretation of some parking rules led me right to the site. I walked past several waiting people to the site of the casting call only to find that the location had been moved and the line I had passed was the one I was meant to stand in. Luckily, I had been located in a group of interesting characters. Between the over aged San Francisco punk and the overly eager couple, I heard enough to keep me occupied.

I was also able to share my own experience with show business. No, that's not the experience mentioned above, but I did have a dream of being in pictures once. My parents were very supportive of it and helped me get headshots taken. While I got a role as an extra from those, I wasn't able to follow through with it because of school and I'd always wondered what would have happened if I could have made it.

But cest la vie - the filming of this movie also interfered with my work schedule. I put that on my casting card and then ducked out of the audition early. I never heard from them and that's ok with me. Like I said, I hate being video taped anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment