Friday, March 11, 2011

Week of January 17th 2011: Philz Coffee and Bi-Rite Ice Cream

It's probably a bad sign when the employees at Best Buy recognize you... This post comes to you from my brand new Xoom while I wait for my flight at SFO. Some day in about six months I may be caught up with my posts and write about the trip I am about to embark on, but for now you'll have to settle for reading about something I did in January.

On Martin Luther King, Jr. day, my friend Elissa and I decided it would be fun to spend the afternoon in the Mission getting lunch at one of the best burrito spots in the city - El Farolito.

After spending my morning knee deep in CFA books, I knew I would need some coffee before meeting up with her for our tasty burritos. The bus I took stoped right in front of a Philz coffee and after hearing many of my friends talk about how amazing it was - I knew I needed to give it a try.

I decided to order the espresso which at Philz is supposed to be extra strong. The ambiance in the place was really Col as well althogh I'm glad I didn't use it as a study spot since it was really loud. The Phoebe-esque guitar player was a nice touch but would have probably distracted me from my books.

After getting my coffee fix, I met up with Elissa for our burrito fix. El Farolito isn't a new place for me, but I still highly recommend it if you're in the mood for an amazing, inexpensive burrito. When we were finished, she recommended we go to Bi-Rite. Bi-Rite is an infamous ice cream shop in the Mission that has been high on my list ofnthings to do.

I got a little cup of Earl Grey and Honey Lavender ice cream. The flavors were really nice and it wasn't overly sweet. We also lucked out by finding a rare warm day in January. We also lucked out by not having to stand in the notoriously long line.

All in all it was a great food day with a great friend. I will definitely need to go back and try, more flavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment