Monday, September 5, 2011

Week of April 4th 2011: Sharks Game

Of all of the professional sporting events I could have attended as a kid who grew up in Los Angeles, the only one my family and I really went to were Kings hockey games. My brother loved hockey and had posters of Wayne Gretzky all over his room and because he loved the sport so much, my dad took us to a couple of games. So, I knew that I would eventually have to make it to a Sharks game. When my friend Joe asked if I wanted to attend to the Sharks-Kings game, I knew I had to go.

Unfortunately, since I'd just gotten home from a vacation I couldn't leave work too early to get a head start on the traffic so I showed up to the game a little late. While the Sharks had the lead when I got there, the Kings had just scored a couple of goals so my friends were a little worried that perhaps I was a good luck charm for my home town team.

However, the Kings decided that would be a good time to stop playing the game. The final score ended up being 6-3 and Joe told me I was welcome to attend any Sharks-Kings game I wanted as I was obviously better luck for my rival.

No comments:

Post a Comment