Saturday, January 8, 2011

Week of December 13th 2010: Toyo Sushi

I am kicking myself for not having pictures for this post. I thought about it taking one of the exterior as I was leaving but since I got to Toyo Sushi a little before the dinner rush, I was the only person there when I left. Needless to say the host and sushi chef would have given me some weird looks if I stopped for a photo op on my way out.

Anyways - back to the beginning. I had an eye doctor appointment on the 18th and since my eye doctor is in the Sunset, I thought I would make a day of it. After my appointment I had a huge craving for sushi so I was happy to see that Toyo Sushi was in the same shopping complex as my doctor and the prices were reasonable so I went in.

Part of trying new things for me isn't just about going new places. Although I had to get my salmon sashimi, I also decided to try something new. Luckily for me, the restaurant had a special on a "Snow Roll" so I got that. It was a roll with scallop and cucumber on the inside and butterfish on top. It was amazing. The butterfish is so tender and I love scallops in sushi. I was still a little hungry after all that (I eat a lot...) so I also got a white tuna and garlic hand roll. This was also a tasty new treat for me although I'm not as big of a tuna fan.

The service was also amazing. Granted I was one of 3 people in the restaurant the whole time I was there, but it was still nice. My cup of tea was never empty and neither was my plate. I did sit at the sushi bar too so that might have helped. If you are dining by yourself or in a pair, I really recommend sitting at the sushi bar. I always have way more fun, you get your food with perfect timing, and some of those chefs are really fun characters.

I definitely am going to be going back here next time I need to get my eyes checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment