Thursday, September 1, 2011

Traveling Revisted


While this post will tie out my most recent trip to Europe, I can guarantee that there are more posts on traveling coming your way (eventually). When I was in Europe, I wrote the first traveling post while sitting under a tree in St. James Park. I was fully engulfed in travel mode at the time and while I made some adjustments before posting it, the entry was really in the heart of what the trip was for me.

It’s been many months since my most recent trip to Europe and several years since my first time on the continent or the last time I went to Brazil. Despite that, I feel like the things I’ve seen are a big part of me. It took the littlest thing to remind me of it too… I love gyros and tatziki and I’ve really only found one place that lives up to my impossible standard for them… because it tastes like what I had in Greece, the first time I ever tried either. The first time I had sashimi, a must for any order I make when I get sushi, was with my cousins in Brazil. Maybe traveling has made me a bit of a snob but I wouldn't give up those tastes for anything.

Traveling has shaped who I am. It’s more than just a hobby or an addiction; it lies deep in my interests and my knowledge. It’s helped me discover my favorite foods and artwork. It's helped me visit friends and have several nights I'll never forget and a few that I'll never remember. I’ve seen and done a lot of cool things on my trips and I’ve become much more open minded about trying and seeing new things. If my first post didn’t encourage you to travel more then maybe this one will.

I think it's time for my blog to go back to my real life for now but don't worry, I will have lots of fun posts about my trips to SoCal, New York and DC to write about soon. I'm also a few weeks away from jetsetting again. I'm finally living out a big travel dream and going to Munich for Octoberfest as well as Vienna and back to London. And I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment