Monday, January 31, 2011

Week of December 27th 2010: Live Sushi Bistro

My coupons for Live Sushi were definitely piling up when my old friend, Kevin, wandered back into SF
and wanted to meet up for dinner. Since sushi options are limited across the pond, he asked if we could
get that and I was more than happy to oblige (Yes, I have been going to a lot sushi places lately. Yes,
there are more sushi posts coming very soon).

I really like sushi as a social dinner experience. It’s kind of perfect for two people because you can learn
about how daring someone is with trying new things, you can keep ordering if someone isn’t full, and a
large sake is just about enough alcohol to make two people very chatty.

But I digress... Live Sushi had some really tasty rolls. Kevin picked out a special called the Sheriff Roll, and I picked one called the Monkey Roll that had hamachi and unagi. As you might have guessed some of the ordering was done based off of names.... We also ordered the usual salmon sashimi and a couple other specials (whose names neither of us remembered and that weren't on the website since they were specials... I blame the sake).

Everything was delicious, but I could see that place being a little pricey if you didn't have a coupon. Luckily, there are coupons for this place all over the place. I inadvertently got like 3 different ones for this place without realizing it. I should also point out that the service was pretty bad. Including us, there were two groups in the restaurant and it still took a while for the waitress to help us out.

I would definitely recommend it to people who like sushi and you can make your own judgment!

No comments:

Post a Comment