Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week of September 27th 2010: (Part I) Rosanero NY Pizza

One of the easiest ways for me to rock this challenge is in the food world. I need to eat, I love to eat, and often enough I find myself deciding to eat out. I love to cook, but I don't always have the time to make myself dinner and prepare a lunch for the next day. So.. although I have a lot of lunch places that I love to frequent, I know I need to start branching out and trying new places.

So - when I found myself needing to go out and buy a lunch one day, I decided to wander and window shop for my lunch instead of going to the same places. I ended up walking down to the end of Sacramento St. at Embarcadero Center 4. There is a little alley filled with tiny little lunch spots. I had been to a few of them already and I wanted something quick so when I saw Rosanero NY Pizza, I decided it fit the bill.

I got a slice of cheese and then a slice of Greek style Feta and spinach pizza. I'm not a vegetarian by any means but I find that I prefer vegetarian pizzas. The Greek pizza was pretty good but had huge chunks of Feta cheese which ended up being overwhelming. It it had smaller pieces or less of it, it would have been a much better slice. The cheese was relatively much better. Although cheese pizza is the plain vanilla of the pizza world, finding a good balance of cheese and sauce is actually a delicate one which Rosanero was able to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment