Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week of September 13th 2010 (Part II): Mayes Oyster House

This post should really be about my first trip to Reno... However, some things don't work out.

So, as many of you know, I am a huge Cal fan. If I'm not at the game, I am definitely watching it on TV. Usually, one of my friends will host a viewing party but as this game was on a Friday, we decided it would be easiest to just swing by a bar with a happy hour special. Shannon found out that Mayes had a great happy hour deal for anyone watching their favorite sports team.

Tryphena (who I will from here forward refer to as Try) and I headed out there to meet up with Shannon. We decided to go a little early since we weren't sure what kind of crowds there would be. We were able to fight through the masses and secure ourselves a table. Just kidding... there was really no one there.

The two of us were hungry so we made got a couple of the food happy hour specials which were very reasonably priced. Try got french fries and I got some garlic bread. Both were cheap and yummy. We also got a bucket of Coors Light for $12 which was definitely affordable.

Shannon showed up with her friend Casey just in time to partake in the bucket and some $1 oysters. The four of us enjoyed the cheap prices until half time but then we decided to switch sports bars.

Summary: although Mayes was good for the prices, we were the only ones there watching the Cal game so it wasn't a great atmosphere for that. I think it would be fun to return for dinner. I actually have been back since and at night they turn it into a really fun dance club. Just don't come here for a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment