Friday, June 17, 2011

Week of February 28th 2011: Candybar

What do you do when you have Groupon expiring in a week? Well, you grab one of your closest friends and make sure you use that sucker.

Candybar is a little spot that my friend Elissa had told me about before. It's known for champagne cocktails, amazing desserts and board games. Since she told me about the place and loves all of those things (and we were still celebrating her birth), I thought it would be fun to bring her as my date.

Our timing was rather impeccable - we got there shortly after a tour bus full of young professionals. Although we had to wait a while, it was actually kind of entertaining. The "bus" was actually this comically old green bus and all of the participants of the group were dressed in their best suits and cocktail dresses. They all also had name tags on that had 3 random facts about themselves. It was pretty fun to watch until they cleared out and we were able to get a table.

We were finally seated and decided that the most appropriate game at Candybar was clearly Candyland. It should be obvious as to how we chose the colors of our pieces...

We decided to start off the night with two lemon drop shots which were really delicious. Then we ordered a couple of champagne cocktails each. I go the Mango Tango (champagne and mango) and the Jasmine Sparkle (champagne, jasmine and lemon).

For our dessert meals, Elissa got a really good flourless chocolate cake. I decided to get the panna cotta. I'm not sure that I'd even had panna cotta before but it came with a macaron so I was sold.

With our cocktails and desserts, we decided to play a few rounds of Sorry! After we both won a game, we decided to call it a night.

Overall, the bar is really cute. It's a great place to go and have a laid back date night or just spend some time with a friend - just try to avoid the party bus crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment