Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Week of November 8th 2010: Rickhouse Bar

After one of many disappointing Cal football games that took place in November, my friend Steve decided we could all drink away our sorrows at one of his favorite bars, Rickhouse. Like many other popular bars in San Francisco, Rickhouse is a prohibition themed bar with a classy 20's feel, and when you get my friends in a themed bar - you get themed outfits. Since many of us came straight from the game, or with little time to change in between, we didn't get as dressed up as we have before. I did manage to have enough time to grab my fedora before heading out to the bar.

Upon arrival, we learned that Rickhouse is a little limited space wise and we had to wait outside until a few people cleared out. Luckily though, it was a beautiful and warm November evening and the bouncer was extremely friendly so the time passed quickly.

Soon we were inside where we were greeted by a table full of our friends and a big bowl of punch. My friend Brian got a round of drinks although when I asked him what it was, all he could say was, "I know it had champagne and some kind of juice" in it. Well, much more than I knew. We finished our champagney, fruity drinks and helped out with the punch before it was time for most of our friends to catch BART.

Try and I decided to go out a little longer and met up with another friend at 15 Romolo, another speakeasy themed bar (they really are everywhere in this town). It wasn't my first time there so I won't bore you with the details but I wanted to keep the post going a little longer since I had so much fun rocking my hat. I think I may need to start wearing it out more often. I could do with a few more accessories every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment