Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Challenge: Try One New Thing a Week

Hello Readers and welcome to my brand new blog!

A few weeks ago I decided, for a multitude of reasons, that I needed to get out more. I had a long list of things I wanted to do or see but I rarely made the effort. I soon realized that I'd spent 6 years living in the Bay Area and hadn't seen many landmarks or been to amazing restaurants. I don't live in a cave or anything but I found that I'd grown into a habit of going to the same convenient places. With my boyfriend on the verge of leaving the country (and our pending breakup), we realized that for two years we had constantly talked of doing things around the city but had never found time them. We spent weeks making up that time, and I realized soon I would be on my own and the few days a week we spent together would soon be time that I would have to occupy some other way.

So I realized... why not get myself out of the house, keep myself busy, and see new things at the same time? Why not encourage myself to do one new thing a week.

It didn't have to be crazy - a new bar or restaurant would suffice (preferably it would be a new experience), and "new" would be taken very broadly - I've been to the beach, but a new beach? Well, that would count.

A week would be Monday-Sunday. I could do more than one new thing.

Although I have a list of things that I've thought of, please feel free to comment with your own suggestions. My first few posts will be a bit of a backlog and then I'll proceed forward as time moves on. I'll try to add pictues (which would encourage me to take them). If there is more than one thing a week, I reserve the right to mostly write about one and keep shorter descriptions of the others.

Last but not least, this isn't just about me - if there is something you'd love to do, see, eat or explore, please take me with you (or ask if you can join me on one of my adventures). I'd love the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment