Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week of July 25th 2011: See a Broadway Show

Even though I spent a few days wandering around the city and checking out Times Square, Rockefeller Center and the World Trade Center, I didn't feel like I really had enough on each one to write a story about it.
Instead, we are going to fast forward to my last night in New York City. Elissa wanted to get me a belated birthday gift so she decided to take me out to my first Broadway Show. Before my trip, I had given her a few options and since Book of Mormon was sold out forever, she went with my second choice - How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. I'm not going to lie, all I knew about the show going into it were that Daniel Radcliffe was starring and the name sounded kind of familiar.
Good enough for me!
Elissa and I had a lot of fun dressing up and going to see the show - which was also hilarious. The plot is pretty straight forward from the name - it's about a young guy who uses a book called "How to Succeed" to quickly climb the corporate ladder. I would say that it's good for anyone in business but really, it's probably entertaining for anyone who has ever had any job ever.
We both thought it was very entertaining that there were many kids in the audience. The show, while very comical, still has a lot of adult themes so we figured they were basically there because of the leading man. It makes me wonder what kind of audience there is now that a Jonas Brother has the part. I also hope these parents didn't take their kids to see Daniel's first play...
Elissa's gift was so fantastic and I'm glad we got to spend my last night doing something so memorable. Elissa and I used to go to shows together in SF so it was also just a great to do one of our favorite things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment